About the Home Inspector
ASHI & InterNACHI Certified Inspector Dan Shewell
Experienced and Independent Home Inspector
Dan Shewell is our owner/operator. With 15+ years of home inspection experience under his belt, Dan knows exactly what to look for in your future house. He launched Shewell Inspections to help Delaware buyers and sellers make informed decisions.
Dan takes pride in running an independent business that’s not part of a franchise. When you choose Shewell Inspections, you’ll get a detailed, highly accurate report from a local small business.
Off the Clock with Dan
Dan’s favorite hobbies include fly fishing with his wife. The two of them also raise and breed Standard Poodles.
Home Inspector Qualifications
Dan takes his role as a home inspector very seriously because he knows you’ll be making a major life change based partially on his report. His background includes 40+ years of construction experience, along with extensive home inspection training. When you combine this with the 3,000+ home inspections he’s successfully completed, you know you’ll be getting an inspection report you can trust.
- Delaware Licensed Home Inspector #H4-0000052
- InterNACHI Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)®
- ASHI Certified Inspector (ACI)
- Certified Hayman Engineering Manufactured Home Inspector
- IAC2 Certified Mold Inspector
- Fully Licensed and Insured (Carries Errors & Omissions/General Liability Insurance)
- Follows ASHI Standard of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Follows InterNACHI Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
Dan Inspects Numerous Building Types
There’s a diverse list of residential and commercial building types in Delaware. Dan is happy to inspect most of them, including:
- Homes of all Values
- Commercial Buildings/Property Inspections (Medical and Dental Offices, Storefronts, etc.)
If you need an inspection for another building type, please contact us for details.
40+ Years of Construction Experience
Dan has worked in the building and construction trades throughout his entire professional career. More than 40 years ago, he became the electrical apprentice for a general contractor and home builder.
Whenever he had a break from electrical jobs, Dan devoted himself to learning many building trades, including everything from building foundations, framing, and plumbing all the way to nailing shingles onto roofs.
He has helped build 250+ homes, which gives him great insight into the areas of each home that typically need the most work.